Monday, December 16, 2013

Dec 2, 2013, Kearney, Missouri


Dear Family,

Another week in Kearney has gone by, and I'm not going to lie it has been tough. There is a lot of work to do in this Ward. The Elders, my companion and I are trying to put our heads together to figure how we can help the Ward. I know, like Dad said last week, that the Lord will guide us in the things we can help with. It is just all in the Lord's time. Sister Morris and I are pretty much best friend's though! It is awesome!

On the other hand, we had Kate's baptism on Saturday! It was wonderful! She was so happy and she has such a sweet spirit. I love her so much! Also, since the Christmas season has begun, we are now officially able to listen to Christmas music and later today the Sisters and I are going to decorate gingerbread houses. Also, I have decided to pick up in Jesus the Christ where I last left off. I really want to focus my studies more around Christ. So, I started reading "Chapter 7: Gabriel's annunciation of John and Jesus Christ" in Jesus the Christ. I also started reading the New Testament along with it. I love it! It is really helping me learn more about Jesus Christ and the people surrounding his life. Also, since I just finished reading the Book of Mormon again, reading the New Testament is showing me how much the Book of Mormon really is another testament of Jesus Christ and how they really do go hand in hand together. It is wonderful and I have been able to cross reference the Bible and Book of Mormon through what I come across in the Bible and remember reading recently in the Book of Mormon. It is helping me come closer to Jesus Christ and see who he really was, as well as hopefully helping me become a better scriptorian! J

Mom, thank-you for sending the Christmas package...what did you send a baby elephant?! Ha-ha, I'm excited!

Dad, thanks so much for your e-mail! They always uplift and inspire me. This week has been really hard, but you always remind me what a great privilege I have to partake in this great work and that I should never lose sight of that.

Jeremy, keep up the great work! I know that you are working hard and that the service you are doing for others is really helping them more than you realize.

Elder Luening, you looked a little cold in your picture and sounds like every week is an adventure,! Keep having fun with all the Christmas celebrations in Germany!

Kass, Zyanya told me you were sick this last week, so I hope you have been feeling better. I hope you and Scott and Zynaya have been celebrating advent. That is something I miss but I have been telling everyone about usual Christmas traditions J Makes me miss home this time of year, but Sister Morris and I have been having fun together, especially dancing out to Christmas music, and doing our own ballet renditions of the “Nut Cracker” and such this morning, lol!

Anyway, I love you all and remember to strive to emulate Christ especially through this Christmas season. Reading through Matthew recently reminded me of the character of Christ. In Matthew we read about Christ being baptized and then right afterward fasting for 40 days and 40 nights to be uplifted spiritually. Right after his fast, after which he is physically exhausted and spiritually filled, Satan comes and tempts him. Just as we have our own weeks filled with business we too have our own miracles and trials. Yet in the midst of Christ's trials and temptations he remembers that John is in Prison and sends angels to minister unto him. Just as you yourselves, in the midst of craziness look past it all and do your best to uplift and strengthen others. Thank-you for being great examples and for reminding me of what being Christ-like really means. Turning outward, when the natural man would normally turn inward.

I love you all, and hope you know that through all your sacrifices you are truly being blessed. I pray that you will continue to feel my love and Christ's love throughout this Christmas season.

Love,

Sister luening

No comments:

Post a Comment