Monday, November 11, 2013

November 4, 2011, Independence Missouri

Dear Family,

     First I want to address Mom. Mom you are amazing, and I can't believe how much you have to do.  You have been crazy busy, and work on top of it all. I am amazed at what you are able to accomplish! You are truly incredible. I know that Heavenly Father called you for this time in Relief Society because he knew you were the one who could handle it....even when you don't feel like you are doing a good job. Just remember you are pressing forward and taking care of things, when many people would have crashed or given up! I know it is because of your reliance on the Lord and your ability to work well with others, not to mention your patience and perseverance that has allowed you to continually fulfill your calling to the fullest. Mom, I love you and am so proud of you. I want you to know that even just hearing that you invited J, to the trunk or treat made me so excited. Remember that success as a member missionary isn't measured by how many people accept the invitation it is measured by your desire to share what you know to be true and to invite others. You did not fail because J. didn't come. That is personal agency! I am proud of you for everything you are doing and just remember at times when you get frustrated that you aren't doing everything that you want to be able to get done right away. Take a break and look at all the things you have already accomplished! Don't be so hard on yourself. I love you so much and I always try to remember the things I have learned from you and apply them. I feel like I have received the gift of patience and that is something my companion has pointed out to me. I know that is something I have learned from you and your example!

     So this last week has been pretty good. We didn't have too much time out in our area because we had to spend about 8hrs cleaning our old apartment that we got moved out of.....That's right we got to clean away 20 years of NASTY!! We left the old apartment feeling like our heads had been dipped in buckets of bleach, but the place is clean and we no longer have to worry about that old place, hooray!

     Yesterday we had our first roommate meeting where we discussed what each person needs to do to keep the place clean and orderly. We finally got the whole place unpacked and organized yesterday, so I feel a lot better now and our new place is officially livable :) I am really enjoying being companions with Sister S. It has taken a while for us to really develop a good friendship, but I feel like all of a sudden now I am getting closer to her than before and of course this is happening like usual.... Just in time for transfers next week. Oh well!

     We have been able to meet with the Bishop several times this week to coordinate some things and for him to get some of our ideas of how we can get the ward more excited about missionary work. Bishop Banks is so amazing!! He always lets us know how much we mean to him and how excited he is to work with us, it is wonderful! I love the work and it is going so well!!

     The Visitor Center is going well and I am still taking presentations. Sister S. and I have been really working well together at helping families get more excited and involved in missionary work in their own lives by reminding and inviting the members to take on Elder Ballard's Challenge of Reaching out to one person between now and Christmas. I love the missionary work. It is amazing and I love how the Spirit can really help create unity if we pray and listen to its promptings. I love this gospel and am so thankful for how much I am continually learning. Learning never stops, but it is neat to be able to look back and realize how much we have learned in such a short time.

      I can't believe that once Christmas rolls around that I will already have been out for 6 months and only have one year left, time flies! We have also had the opportunity to talk about missionary work in Primary and will be at Seminary this week with the Elders. It should be fun!

     Kass, it sounds like you are doing great and that nannying is fun. Did you hear about Frances? Apparently she is pregnant!


     Elder Luning, I loved the pumpkin carving pictures and I love hearing how the work is going. Keep bearing the powerful testimony you have. Tell Oma and Opa hello for me. I love hearing how they are doing!

     Jeremy, keep working hard and don't forget the routine you learned on your mission. It is better to keep it going than to lose it and then have to get back into it later. Love you and remember to help mom out with cleaning the house. She is a busy woman!! Love you!

     Dad, I was surprised to hear about you,  but change is good and I am excited to hear if things change. I will be praying for you! Also would you be able to send me the other workouts I requested? Thanks, love you!

Love,
Sister Luening

No comments:

Post a Comment