Monday, November 11, 2013

October 2, 2013, Independence, Missouri

Dear Family,

     I don't have much time to write this week because we have a crazy P-day schedule of fun filled activities since it is Sister Allen's last day in the mission field.

     Thanks mom for the package, I was so excited to have those clothes. I am staying another transfer here in Independence. I say good-bye to Sister Allen tomorrow and I get my new companion, Sister S.  tomorrow. Apparently she is very energetic, over the top enthusiastic, laughs really loud and is a hard worker. I'm excited to meet her tomorrow and really sad to see Sister Allen go. She has been an amazing companion and the hardest worker I know.

     This week has been wonderful. We have been truly blessed to have been able to meet with some of our new investigators and invite quite a few of them to baptism. One lady we are working with is a member’s mom. She is in her 80's and she is a very sweet lady. She is RLDS, but very open and willing to learn. Sister Allen and I invited her to baptism, but she didn't commit to a date. She said she would definitely pray about it and watch General Conference, so I am excited to follow-up with her and continue teaching her.

     We also met with another investigator named M. She is 18 years old and searching to know if her father's religion (Baptist) or her mother's religion (LDS) is true. She said she really wants to rebuild her faith in Christ and follow him. We invited her to be baptized on November 10th, but it kind of scared her and she said she didn't want to rush into things. She wants to make sure she is doing this because she knows it is true. I have grown such a deep love for her already. She really is such a sweet bubbly girl. Yesterday,

     Sister A. and I met with a lady named J., who we found about a month ago. We set mulitple appointments but things always fell through. We were finally able to get into her home yesterday and teach her lesson one. It was so powerful. I could really feel the spirit and Sister Allen and I were definitely in tune with the spirit and in unity with one another. The member we brought was also just wonderful in bearing her own testimony. Sister A. invited her to be baptized and she has committed to preparing to be baptized on November 2nd. We are so excited and Jamie said she is excited to really get back into church, scripture study and building that faith in Christ even more. She is such a sweetheart and having 3 young kids of her own, family is extremely important to her.

     Sister A and I have been really blessed this last week. Even though some of our investigators don't feel ready to commit to a specific date, I feel good in the fact that I asked and invited them to truly change and repent, by following Jesus Christ. I am excited to continue working with these children of God who are truly searching for truth. I'm so thankful for the time that I have been able to spend serving with Sister A. She has been an incredible missionary. I'm going to miss her so much, but I am excited to serve with Sister S.

     Kassandra it was really good to hear from you. I'm glad to hear that you have been having a blast with family history. That is something I want to get into when I get home.

      Elder Luning and Anziano Luening, keep up the great work. I will print off your e-mails and respond next week. You two are amazing and drive me to be even better. You two are amazing examples to me and I pray that you will be kept safe and be able to find those that are prepared to hear the message of truth!

       Mom and Dad, I love you so much! You are the hardest workers I know! Thanks for raising us in the gospel and never giving up even when times were hard and us kids were crazy. I appreciate so much having been raised in the gospel. Being here in Independence and serving in the poorest area, is such an eye opener to me. So many families here are falling apart, and I'm so thankful for the gospel that truly unified our family and brought love and peace into our home. I love you!

      All my love,

Sister Luening


No comments:

Post a Comment